Who We Are:
Branching Minds is a technology company transforming the way schools and teachers support struggling learners. Our solution bridges the learning sciences, academic research, and project management technology to make intervention/differentiation easy for teachers, and personalized for students. Our work is rooted in the belief that there is a path to success for every learner and that Branching Minds helps make that possible.
We are a small, driven, and collaborative team that care deeply about our mission but also the humans who make that mission possible. But don’t just take it from us, we recently asked our team members to describe our culture in 3 words, and here’s what they said:
- “Dedicated, caring, and scrappy”
- “Friendly, funny, and self-motivated”
- “Agile, supportive, and principle-driven”
- “Cooperative, friendly and independent”
- “Mission-oriented, respectful of work-life balance, and open”
We are seeking experienced Sales Representatives to be our first external sales hire. You'll be responsible for forging and developing relationships with client decision-makers including superintendents of school districts, leaders of charter management organizations, and upper level managers of school systems. You will also be be a central voice in shaping the growth of our sales team and infrastructure
More specifically, you will:
- Prospect, qualify and develop new sales by making outbound calls, emails, and facilitating lunch and learns.
- Evaluate customer pool with a keen understanding of procurement process.
- Demo the program and work with prospects to determine if Branching Minds is a good fit either via webinar or in-person meeting.
- Travel to events, such as national conferences.
- Ensure quarterly and yearly individual sales goals are exceeded.
- Demonstrate excellent organization and reporting abilities, and attend weekly sales meetings.
- Utilize company tools such as SalesforceIQ, and specific company protocol for sales pipeline.
- Facilitate account transfers to customer success manager.
- Communicate clearly and efficiently with all team members to ensure positive customer experience.
- Collaborate with team to contribute ideas for strategizing and executing sales opportunities and developing marketing strategy and plan, based on research of current market and trends.
We're looking for someone who has:
- A passion for improving education, (having taught or worked closely with teachers in a classroom setting, a big positive).
- Hustle; always pushing harder than the next person to get the job done.
- Previous sales and customer service experience required, with at least 2 years experience selling to K-12 school district administrators.
- Proven record of successfully meeting sales goals.
- Experience with territory and call cycle management.
- Excellent customer service and listening skills.
- Comfort with technology, with a proficiency in CRM and Microsoft Office.
- Showcased stellar written and verbal communication, and presentation skills
What We Can Offer You:
- Opportunity to join a high-growth, venture-backed, award-winning startup in the education intervention space
- Opportunity to build on our existing customer base, which spans 14 states and reaches 50,000 students
- Competitive salary and benefits (including health, vision, and dental)
- Equity in the company
- Flexible schedule, remote-work, and vacation policy
- An awesome, cross-disciplinary team that solves meaningful problems
- A chance to spend every day improving the lives of teachers and students
Branching Minds is an equal opportunity employer.